I have a confession. I love a sale, and if I had to pick my favourite designer sale it would have to be the Net-A-Porter sale. This is when I nab some classic designer pieces that will keep my style in check for years to come. Here are my 5 top tips for making sure you're adding the right things to cart?
- Don't fall into the trap of buying only trend-driven pieces that will date easily just because they are going super cheap. Instead, stalk the sales for "core" wardrobe items like a good quality black blazer, iconic bags and statement shoes and accessories.
- Stick with timeless shapes - wide-leg pants, A-line skirts, tailored shirting - all these silhouettes surpass trends.
- Choose quality fabrics like wool, silk, cotton, lace, leather. They are key to creating a long-lasting capsule wardrobe that will see you through more than just the season.
- Go for neutral colours like cream, white, navy and black as well as pops of on bold primary colours that will add interest and generally don't date.
- Buy a few things that work together - I always like to buy entire outfits, because that way you know exactly what top to put with that skirt or that pair of pants. These are the 12 pieces from the Net-A-Porter sale I recommend adding to cart to start building your never-fail classic wardrobe.